Feb 13, 2005

Ignorant People

Last Thursday at work, a woman who appeared to be stealing from the store, was approached by the shift manager on duty. She came back to my register, insisting that she did not steal anything. Mind you, I had seen the item in her pocket. I apologized sincerely, even though I know she was wrong. Instead of accepting the apology or just walking out the door, she said, "I don't steal. That's what you niggers do!" Needless to say I was extremely upset and was likely to lose my job because I chased after her when she left the store. She was in her truck already and out the parking lot.
I know there are ignorant people who are undercover racist. And I don't think it was the fact that she referred to me as nigger but more the fact that she was wrong and came at me like that.
I'm quitting this job in a couple of weeks. Too much stress for the pay.

No comments:

Blog Buddies

Most Read....