Aug 11, 2010

Napturally Happy

Hello world.
Just a random blog. I thought to do another "Worth a Thousand Words Wednesday" but decided not to.
Anyway, as some of you know, I've decided to go chemical free. My daughters and I are not natural beauties. My last relaxer was September of 2008 and my two oldest daughters' were August of '09, I believe, the day before the school year started. My daughters have beautiful hair and I'm glad I've decided to stop relaxing. Their natural curls are amazing. Especially my oldest. She has the curly hair I would love to have. Her Afro puffs are always flawless. A little bit of green crosses my face when I'm doing her hair. lol
I wasn't sure how well they would take to no longer having their hair relaxed because they both loved getting their hair done like the little girls on the relaxer boxes. But I think because they have been seeing me try different things with my hair, and watching the videos on natural hair on YouTube with me, they have been a little excited about trying new things on their own hair. They especially love it when I make the homemade recipes for our hair.
For the first time since I've started my natural hair journey, I finally wore twists for a whole week. I usually redo them every few days or play with them while I'm watching television. So for me to go a full seven days with the same twists was something of an accomplishment. lol I wore my hair in a twist-out on Sunday. It didn't come out as perfect as I wanted it, but it was a first and I look forward to getting better.
Today was actually a good hair day. I re-twisted my hair yesterday afternoon. Usually overnight while I'm sleeping, tossing and turning, my hair wrap comes off and my twists look like "who did and why" the next day.   But last night, it managed to stay on and today my flat twists are looking pretty decent, besides the seven grey hairs that are finding their way into existence.
Definitely have to give love to the sites I've been visiting and the blogs I've been following.
CurlyNikki
Nappturality
Afromaniacs

On another note, I've lost another 3 pounds. Wii Fit Plus is awesome. I'm not quite advanced in the yoga part of it all, but I'm working on it. I reached my goal of a 10lb loss since May. I can see it and feel it, especially when I wear my sweatpants because they no longer stay on my waist they way they used to so I'm constantly pulling them up.  So I've set another goal to lose 10 more in 2 months. According to the Wii that's a safe and healthy goal. We'll see. My goal weight is 150 pounds, at least. Hopefully by this time next year I'll be at and maintaining that weight.
School is almost ready to start. The girls have about 3 weeks left. They're enjoying their vacation, as am I.

Hope everyone is having a great week.
Don't forget to live, love, and laugh!

No comments:

Blog Buddies

Most Read....