Sep 9, 2005

Emani Started School


Well folks, it's official. My oldest baby is not a baby anymore. Thursday, September 8th, was her first day of school, K-4. She attends Discovery Elementary from 830-11am.
She was so happy, even waking up early. I thought getting her up would be a problem but she popped right up. She got herself dressed and I did her hair and she just knew she was too cute. Of course, I think I was more anxious than she was because I woke up 4 times before the alarm clock even went off. So I was tired later that day. Eboni cried when we got back in the car after dropping Emani off. I guess it was then that she realized that Emani wasn't with us. She cried and reached for Emani's carseat. It was so cute. I even got a picture of that. I surprised myself by not crying when I dropped her off because I was so sure I would be one of those mothers who cries as they wave their child off on their first day of school. But I didn't. I don't know whether to be happy or worried about that. lol
Next year will be her official kindergarten year. She is only in K-4 this year because her birthday missed the cutoff date by 5 days. But oh well. She's happy and I guess that's all that really matters.
On top of all this joy, my husband will be home from Saudi on the 15th of September!!!!! I am SOOOOO happy. Anxious at the same time. We haven't seen each other since the end of April. Missed my birthday, and our anniversary, and Father's Day. So I've got a lot of "making up" to do. lol But I'm more than ready!

No comments:

Blog Buddies

Most Read....