Mar 23, 2005

Re-Evaluations

I wrote this poem a long time ago for the boy who gave me my first child....
"Re-evaluations"
Yesterday I sat at home all day and I evaluated our situation, deciding it's happy ending or devastation. Because, see, I've been thinking about the two of us, of what we're supposed to be: a "couple", that makes me chuckle! I've watched movies and talk shows and read magazines with articles of females who have been played - the signs men showed, the difference men displayed. And, yeah, I've been watching for those signs, to see if you've got a honey or two on the side. And it occurred to me that maybe you do, and I really don't know if it's true. I just watch and wonder if you think you've got me fooled, if you think that I'm the ball and chain you push to the side and pull. Oh, yeah, and those days upon days and nights you seem to forget my number never go unnoticed. I just stopped waiting for your call, that's all. I refused to sit like a fool when the phone rings begging for it to be you. Please. I mean, you may be fine and just as sweet as wine, but I can't love for free - you've got to give something back to me. Those times you come to my house to visit are more like a landlord and a tenant, the "Lord" making sure I'm still paying him rent. And you think I stay with you because you look so great. No, baby, there's got to be more to a relationship that only you. I know you know that the tango takes two. So, if you're playing me tell the little bitch you got on the side she can have you if she likes a cheap thrill and a short ride. Because I don't need a man thinking he's got me on hold or lock. There's more men out there who are willing to care for a sweet chocolate tender and as of today, I'd willing surrender.......

No comments:

Blog Buddies

Most Read....